(New Exclusive Interview) Fiyah Marshall Talks Working With Jadakiss And His Blazin Project
1. Fiyah Marshall, How long have you been creating music?
I have been making music all my life since I was a youth, I enjoy making feel good vibes!
2. Fiyah Marshall, what are the pro's and con's of creating good music for your followers?
Creating good music has the pro's because I like to make music people resonate with and can feel emtions for. If I can help someone positively with my music I feel blessed. The con's are I always want to reach more fans and that takes time.
3. Fiyah Marshall, How does creating music make you feel inside and what is your creating process?
Making music sparks a fiyah in my soul. My creating process whether I produce the beat also or work with another producer/off another persons beat is always to live with the instrumental for a day or so, see what feelings I get from it. I start by coming up with a solid hook and build my bridges and verses from there.
4. Fiyah Marshall, how did your environment growing up, effect the type of music that you create?
Growing up I got to travel a lot and see different parts of the world and experience the different genres of music, Bermuda is a samll island so we are heavily influenced in our listening by vibes from all over the world. So taking that into consideration I like to mix up reggae udertones and vibes with all different flavors and genres to get my unique sound!
5. Fiyah Marshall, Summer Love is the single and it is everywhere right now. How did that collab with Jadakiss come about?
The Summer Love collab came about thanks to my manager who was a hip hop OG on the west coast, who has now sadly passed away Mr Chris Pringle. Chris used to manage Mary J Blige among others. He linked me up with multi platinum producer Duane DaRock and we made the joint, flew out to NYC and got in the booth with Jadakiss where he laid down his bars. Same situation with the Cassidy record too.
6. Fiyah Marshall, what do you personally feel, Jadakiss b*** to the record?
I think Jadakiss helped bring a classic feeling to the record, I wanted to make a classic sounding old school RnB soulfull vibe with a touch of Hip Hop and Reggae, there are few lyracists out there better than Jadakiss so he helped bring it to life even more.
7. Fiyah Marshall, Blazin is the name of the new project that is open for Pre- Orders right now. what is the concept of this project?
Blazin is the album yes. The concept is feel good music that will make you move. I'm bringing the heat and bringing the Fiyah, so the album is about keeping it hot and making music that brings the heat!
8. Fiyah Marshall, where do you see your brand and career in the next 5 years?
In the next 5 years I hope to see my career flourishing to even higher heights including acting, I love creating, so as long as I keep creating and the fans enjoy it I will be happy! Want to spread my music all over the world and be touring consistently pleasing crowds from Bermuda to wherever they ain't heard me yet!