What is your name and what city do you rep?
1) My name is Mauro Storelli better known as the artist name StiLL G, I'm rapper, songwriter, hip hop/R&B producer, I'm come from Italy and represent Milano City.
What is unique about you and your music?
2) My music was inspired by sounds from hip hop 90's. I'm grown with 2pac Shakur songs and I definitely fall in love with west coast rap, g-funk, and gangsta rap. I love the melodies, I love funky lead, deep bass, Moog and punch kicks from classic Akai MPC sounds. When I produce a beat, lyrics coming automatically from my heart to my mind, I tell my own story with my music.
What shaped your music?
3) My music shape my own experience, I exorcise my deep demons with my lyrics, everything about me is hiding in my own lyrics, words by words, only people can feel my pain understand my music and my soul.
When did you realize you were going to make music professionally?
4) I realize I wanted to make music professionally when my music was supported real fast out of my country, people start to listen to my songs, request my songs, request my cd's, shared my songs on social network and I received big shout from everywhere, Japan, France, US, Mexico, Germany, Spain, South America, UK and so on. In that moment I realize I'm not a loser, but a winner, cause I export my music, my experience, out of my country and people really like what I do. Amazing!
What type of music do you listen to?
5) I listen to various music genres depending on my mood, but I'm crazy for black music, funk, soul, blues, hip hop, jazz, electro funk, R&B still my favorites. Like every Italians man, i'm romantic and I love good vibes as r&b and soul when you are with your "bae" on the couch and chilling after a hard working day or when you get mad about something happen, listen to jazz female singer like Sarah Vaughan, Billie Holiday or Ella Fitzgerald with your glass of red wine and forget this awful day. Music heals my body and soul.
Who, to you, is the most undervalued music artist?
6) I think J.Cole was a great rapper, lyricist, poet in this new Hip Hop era, his music was different from billboard artists, he communicate something, his lyrics tell truth about community, it brings me back to a young Q-Tip in the mid 90's with music as a means of communication or hip hop conscious as De La Soul group. This is my opinion, for me, J.Cole deserve a better place in this new hip hop community, he's a great artist and I love his songs.
How do you prepare for your performances?
7) A few minutes before going to stage I take a long breath, if I have time, almost 1 hour before I making my meditation exercises to relax and control my mind, then when I'm on stage put all my 100% to make jump fans, supporters with my songs.
What ignites your (song) writing flow?
8) If I have something to say, start writing thoughts on paper, my own thoughts could be something in my experience, something I want to remember, something exorcize in my deep soul, then I try to compose a music background for these thoughts when I find the right music key to support my thoughts, put my thoughts on rhyme and create a story around these. It's complicated but not impossible if you are a songwriter.
What do you do when you don’t do music (creative or otherwise) and that you are passionate about?
9) When I don't do music I love to play pool with my best friends, drink a beer and speak about everything with my homies, I love to go out to dinner and meet new girls, I'm single so I enjoyed my time with them or sometimes stay at home and chilling with my glass of Hennessy listen smooth jazz on vinyl. I love to listen to music on my Technics SL 1210 Record Player, I'm a great record's collector, I have almost 100 types of vinyl from mid 90's Hip Hop, 70's Jazz, 80's Rock Pop, 70's Soul/Funk and all Michael Jackson's album, cause I like his music when I was a kid.
Success to you is…
10) Success is a key word, but each artist gave his own means, for me is after a hard working studio session, create something special, something's great and see people love what you do help me to make more music, more songs first for me and after for my fans that support my music everywhere. This is for me success leaves your own sign on this music community, starting from the bottom straight to the top with only your strength and abilities, it's only in your arms, none help you in this rap game.
What do you wish you were told when you first started rapping that you think would help artists starting out?
11) Believe in your dreams, never give up, start to make a name with all you got then achievement coming if you put heart in your music and do your thing. Don't believe to people talking shit about what you do, they never understand what mean passion and hard working, you're not as they are but you are better than them, you're alive, your dreams are real, you can touch it
Any upcoming projects?
12) Now I'm signed with a big international record label BENTLEY RECORDS based in New York City, they believe in my music and support all my projects, for an emerging artist from another country, another place, this is a big deal, I put all my 100% to make good music and working hard every day. EP coming soon, at the moment you can listen 2 of my brand new singles in all worldwide digital stores, I'm producing now a lot of song for upcoming artists, soon as possible you will listen to something in my own official web page, last but not the least upcoming remixes totally free download for real hip hop lovers.
Where do we find you music / music project?
13) You will find all my songs, studio album, instrumentals, remixes on my official website:
in my official website, there are all my social network links, you can enjoy my mailing list with upcoming news, projects, collaborations and you can listen to my own web radio "G-FUNK VIBEZ RADIO" with the best G-Funk, Westcoast rap, Hip Hop, R&B worldwide artists, from brand new to veterans. The best place to listen to your favorite music.
Presented By: Trillest Entertainment
TrillestEntertainment.com // @TrillestEnt
Global leader in digital hip hop promo