The Source's Top 50 Lyricists Of All Time **Complete List Inside**

Ok people. Here's what it is according to The Source Magazine Issue #253 on newsstands now:

#1.Rakim

#2. Nas
#3. The Notorious B.I.G.

#4. Jay Z
#5. 2PAC

#6. Eminem
#7.KRS-ONE

#8. Big Daddy Kane
#9. Lauryn Hill
#10. Melle Mel
#11. LL Cool J
#12. Chuck D

#13. Andre 3000
#14. Ice Cube
#15. Slick Rick
#16. Scarface
#17. The D.O.C.
#18. Kool G. Rap
#19. Big Pun
#20. Q Tip
#21. Redman
#22. Common
#23. Mos Def
#24. Jadakiss
#25. Queen Latifah
#26. Big L
#27. Pharoahe Monch

#28. Talib Kweli
#29. Snoop Dogg
#30. Guru
#31. Kanye West
#32. GZA
#33. Method Man
#34. Black Thought
#35. Bun B
#36. Lil Wayne

#37. Busta Rhymes
#38. Posdnous
#39. Prodigy
#40. T.I.
#41. Fabolous
#42. Ludacris
#43. DMX
#44. Canibus
#45. Lil Kim
#46. Rick Ross

#47. Styles P
#48. Royce Da 5'9"
#49. Lupe Fiasco
#50. 50 Cent

There it is. Let's discuss shall we???

Tags: **Complete, 50, All, Inside**, List, Lyricists, Of, Source's, The, Time, More…Top

Views: 173480

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I guess its hard to come up with a list that every body will agree on ... and it has to do with personal likes and dislikes, to sum it up, as a fan, I believe that pun is #1 in lyrics (but i do recognize its hard for me to say pun when rakim is the father of the craft), I believe Biggie is #1 in wordplay , and I believe that busta rhymes is hands down the most consistent and has the most longevity in the game (since 89 and still sounding new as day and steadily sh*ttin on older and new rappers)... it would be real interesting if they would come up with a list where they would simply crown the best in different categories such as the best lyricist, best group, best album, most successful ect ( now that would stir sh*t up) I have my own personal list in my page ( which I made when I first made the profile, and who knows, probably some of the sh*t changed in my mind) but i do have my own version). ...
funny thing is this isn't The Source's first list. before they made this list, they had a "100 Greatest Hip Hop Songs Of The 90s" list or something like that. according to them, "Nuttin' But A G Thang" (#1) defined the 90's. i don't know if i agree with that. point is no matter how many experts are on the panels for these lists there will always be counterpoints to every rank. what i'd like to see them do next is a "100 Greatest Hip Hop Albums" list. that would definately create another heated discussion lol
100 Greatest Hip Hop Albums !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! now that changes everything (now that i'm looking forward to) !!!!!!!!!!!! lol I could see and hear the arguments now lol

here is a short documentary about Rakim historic career

IMO big L and Big Pun should be in top 10 and why is black thought, jadakiss, and styles p after some of these rappers?????? and why is pac before krs-one???

Big L(#26)
"Ebonics"
The Big Picture
2nd big l sng i heard ever
REALLY?!?
@songetwrec are you happy you got #1 top content Lol
Yall niccas gonna just discuss the Source List until you blue in the face huh?
Why does that bother you we are just doing it for the love we got for the hip hop culture but you wouldnt understand that cuz you are just a fan of one artist and you aint passionate about the culture like we are plus you are from another country

If you say so bro. Did you gather that from me or from Still D.R.E's comments? Who in God's name is a fan of one artist? Say that out loud and tell me how smart that sounds.

RSS

Upcoming Releases

Members

Example Searches:
music, girls, Bentley

Latest Activity

Peter Skotta commented on corentin's blog post Vlog: Young Buck & Tony Yayo in NYC
"You gotta give it to 50 for getting G-Unit back together. As a fan, there's nothing better than seeing them together. I can't wait to get that G-Unit album in November. Btw, I've been watching POWER and I'm f****** loving it.…"
35 minutes ago
Peter Skotta liked corentin's blog post Vlog: Young Buck & Tony Yayo in NYC
43 minutes ago
Peter Skotta commented on ChasinDatPaper's blog post Still A Dime: Jessica Alba Covers Maxim (Pics)
"Damn! The first Sin City was good. I might have to check this sequel."
45 minutes ago
Peter Skotta liked ChasinDatPaper's blog post Still A Dime: Jessica Alba Covers Maxim (Pics)
45 minutes ago
Peter Skotta commented on ChasinDatPaper's blog post Chris Brown Parties At New Crib With Kendall & Kylie Jenner. Trey Songz & Tyga. Neighbor Says Stay Off His Property Or He'll Shoot [Pics]
"Those white girls gettin passed around 4 sho"
48 minutes ago
Tojah liked Dee's profile
1 hour ago
Maitreya One shared NewMusic's blog post on Facebook
1 hour ago
Tushay commented on markus shaw's status
1 hour ago

© 2014   Created by 50 Cent.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service

© 2012   Created by 50 Cent.   Powered by .

Badges  |  Help  |  Terms of Service | Privacy Policy